Agile development can only be achieved by self-organized teams. This is an Incremental Model, and the small incremental releases build on existing functionality.
Each release is thoroughly tested to make sure that the quality of the project or product is maintained. Agile Testing is a Software Testing method that adheres to Agile Software Development Principles. Agile Testing is a time- and cost-savings tool.
It collects regular feedback from customers and holds daily meetings with all business stakeholders to resolve all issues in a positive manner.
Agile Testing’s greatest advantage is its ability to accept last-minute changes, and not following any project plans. This is why agile testing is becoming more popular.
Agile project testers may use different tools to test different functionalities of the application. There are many different testing methods available for agile teams, including Exploratory Testing, Functional Testing, and Automation Testing.
The Most Popular Tools for Agile Testing
Let’s take a look at some of the most used Agile Testing Tools in our day to-to-day testing activities.
Worksoft continues to be the industry leader for continuous test automation for enterprise apps. This is a top choice for global companies looking to accelerate Agile+DevOps initiatives, and achieve complete business process automation on a large scale.
Worksoft Certify is an Agile testing framework that allows developers, non-technical users and test automation professionals, to collaborate in an Agile fashion. It can also be integrated into DevOps tools chains and processes.
- Facilitate Agile adoption by bringing automation closer to the development sprint, when documentation is top-of-mind
- Rapidly identify and document current business processes and variations
- Enterprise applications can be used to achieve end-to-end testing of business processes
- Maintain a steady pace with the complex landscapes of applications and frequent updates to your application.
- Before production outages occur, uncover and fix data transfer issues and system problems.
PractiTest can be used to manage agile testing. It’s easy to use, cost-effective, flexible, and it helps both developers and testers. PractiTest provides detailed information about your project, including requirements, test results, issues, reports, and test runs. It can manage development and testing and takes control over each task.
PractiTest gives information to developers, testers, and senior managers in the format they need. It can display information in many ways at once.
- It can be used with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins Selenium, TestComplete and Selenium.
- To manage and find information, it uses a hierarchical tree structure.
- This dashboard is powerful and customizable and provides accurate and relevant information.
- Import existing data easily
- It is possible to easily generate complex database queries.
- Manual tests are created and organized based on sprints.
- PractiTest can create bugs right from the test run.
JunoOne is an excellent tool for agile test case management and issue tracking with powerful JIRA integration.
JunoOne is a sophisticated Test Case Management System that streamlines Incident Management and Test Management. It makes it easy to work efficiently. JunoOne Test Management Software offers many tools to help you organize all your testing activities, manage your work, and control the project’s overall state.
JunoOne provides many features throughout the entire process. The process begins with creating the campaign. Next, you will need to perform test analysis. Next, you will plan how to test and execute the tests. It solves the problem and protects your data.
QMetry is an open-source agile testing tool that was also designed for DevOps. QMetry makes it easier for agile teams to manage, build and deploy software more quickly than other tools. It offers an agile solution that includes powerful test management, custom metrics, test automation, Continuous Integration, and test automation.
QMetry is a JIRA plug-in. This tool gives advanced test metrics and reports to JIRA users. QMetry facilitates automation for Continuous Integration, Continuous Development. It transforms automation results into detailed summary reports and quality metrics.
- QMetry can be integrated with ALM and Rally, Bamboo VersionOne, Selenium and Selenium.
- It allows you to organize large volumes of user stories and test case files using agile testing.
- It allows test planning, execution, defect management and traceability.
- QMetry for JIRA allows you to manage agile project testing activities with QMetry.
- Drag and drop interface allows users to link stories with the scenarios.
- A customized dashboard and detailed analysis reports are provided to track the progress of testing activities.
is a simple, new tool for test management. However, it’s more than a simple app.
Testiny is built using the most recent technologies and aims to make test management and testing as easy as possible in agile development processes. It allows testers to perform tests without adding unnecessary overhead to the process.
Take Testiny’s word for it.
Testiny is ideal for agile QA teams of small to medium size looking to improve their software testing in agile development processes.
- Open-source projects, small teams of up to three people and small groups are all free
- Simple and intuitive out of the box.
- You can easily create and manage test cases, test runs, and other test items.
- For example, powerful integrations (e.g. Jira, …)
- Integration seamless in the development process (linking defects and requirements)
- Instant updates – All browser sessions remain in sync
- Check immediately to see if your colleague has made any changes or completed a test.
- A powerful REST API
- It’s intuitive and simple to organize your tests in a tree structure.
Atlassian has developed JIRA, which is both an Agile Testing and Project Management Tool. Atlassian Corporation Plc, a software company, develops software for project managers and software developers. Atlassian was founded in 2002, with headquarters in Sydney, Australia.
It generated $620 million in revenue in 2017, had around 2,200 employees, and served 60K customers around the world. Atlassian is known for its JIRA tool, which is used to track defects, plan, create reports and manage all agile software development projects.
- JIRA supports agile methodologies like Kanban and Scrum.
- It features a powerful reporting feature that allows you to access dozens of reports and real-time team performance.
- You can make informed decisions by making plans and forecasts.
- JIRA Query Language allows for custom filters.
- It can be integrated into the developer tools to provide end-to-end traceability.
Gurock Software Company owns TestRail, an Agile Testing Tool. Gurock Software was founded in 2004 in Berlin, Germany. Gurock Software is a specialist in software development and quality assurance. Gurock Software products are used by customers around the world to help them build their software.
Many large-scale companies such as Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, Intel and HP use their products. TestRail, a web-based tool that allows testing teams to manage Agile Testing Efforts, is available. TestRail was specifically created to support an agile project milestone with sprints, various reports and metrics.
- TestRail tracks and manages all aspects of testing, including test cases, run reports, test results, and overall Testing.
- TestRail can be integrated with automation tools such as JIRA, Jenkins and Selenium.
- It can be used without the need for installation.
- You can easily select test cases based upon the execution filter and store the result using the modern interface.
- The user is kept informed by various dashboards, reports and emails throughout the testing process.
- It can be integrated into Bugzilla, GitHub and Rally.
SoapUI, an agile testing tool, was created by SmartBear. It is the most advanced REST- and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), which is also known as an agile testing tool. SmartBear, a Software Information Technology Company, was founded in 2009 and has its headquarters in Boston.
SoapUI is used primarily for functional testing web services. This includes web service creation, invoking web services, and so on. SoapUI makes it easy to create test cases for web services. It comes with a strong GUI that allows you to run tests and then analyze the results in the GUI.
- SoapUI can be used as a free, open-source tool.
- SoapUI supports SOAP Web Service Functional Testing and REST API Functional Testing.
- It can be used to create functional, regression, or load tests.
- Drag and drop interface makes it easy to create test cases.
- SoapUI offers complete test coverage and supports all standards protocols.
- It can be used in multiple environments and data-driven testing.
VersionOne was founded in 2002 and is now owned by Collabnet Inc. VersionOne provides agile software solutions for Fortune 100 companies. Its headquarters are located in Alpharetta in Georgia. Other offices can be found in Atlanta and Amsterdam.
VersionOne is both an agile testing tool and an Agile project management tool. It supports agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, and Lean. You can drag and drop the interface to get a central view of your backlog.
- VersionOne offers central project management and improved project visibility.
- Multi-project teams and projects can manage stories and epics.
- You can easily define and track delivery across all projects. Project visibility is available throughout the project’s entire lifecycle.
- The drag-and-drop interface allows users to prioritise stories and defects.
- VersionOne can integrate with JIRA, Jenkins and TFS.
#10) Selenium WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver, an agile automation tool, is widely used in the software industry. Because of their immense advantages, “Automation” and “Agile” are often used in today’s technology.
Software industry professionals need to be able to manage any project using agile methodologies and run repeatable testing using automation. Selenium WebDriver is a web-based application.
Selenium WebDriver can be used in many agile projects because every member of the team can automate test cases.
- Selenium WebDriver can only be used to automate browser-based apps. It does not support desktop applications.
- Selenium WebDriver makes it easy to create a keyword-driven framework
- Automated test cases simulate how a real user interacts with the application.
- It supports JAVA and C# programming languages, Ruby, Python, Ruby, PHP programming languages, to create automation scripts.